Newport is a quintessential east coast summer destination. Besides being situated on the ocean and known for sailing and lobster rolls, Newport has rich history and old fashioned charm. Read below for a guide to how we spent our weekend in Newport.
Lunch: The Corner Cafe (Really cute & casual spot for breakfast or lunch)
- Shopping: (Stores on Thames St, Closet Revival & Newport Marketplace & Antiques)
Coffee: Coffee Grinder
- Ocean Drive: If you have a car you must take a cruise along the iconic Ocean Drive. The views and mansions are unbeatable.
Cocktails + Bites: The Lawn at Castle Hill (A favorite from the trip! The views are spectacular. Sit outside and have cocktails while watching the sailboats go by. I had thee most amazing blood orange margarita)
Dinner: Bar 'Cino (A chic Italian restaurant. The cacio e pepe with clams...chef's kiss)
Coffee: Belle's Cafe
- Cliff Walk (A scenic 3.5 mile trail along the cliffs, overlooking the ocean and mansions of Newport. We parked at Forty Steps and started from there, which I highly recommend. The last half is very rocky, so make sure you have comfortable sneakers)
- More Shopping: (Cottage & Garden was my favorite store in Newport. A perfectly curated mix of new pieces & antiques. Also love Royal Male & Lycette Needlepoint)
- International Tennis Hall of Fame
Dinner: Clarke Cooke House (Another favorite. Old school spot with so much history. We sat in the bar area that is more casual and loved the ambience. The seafood was divine. Order the oysters, crab cake & a dirty martini of course)
Coffee: Empire Tea & Coffee
Newport Mansions: Breakers & Rosecliff (Definitely recommend visiting at least one mansion during your trip)
Lunch: Newport Lobster Shack (Mandatory lobster roll of the trip. This spot is no frills, you order from a truck and eat on a picnic table on the water - perfection!)